Saint Augustine Church is a Catholic parish of the Archdiocese of Hartford located in the South End of Hartford's historic "Barry Square" named by the Hartford City Council in tribute to its founding pastor the Rev. Msgr. Michael W. Barry.
We welcome you to our community of faith and pray that you will join us in being missionary disciples of our Lord Jesus Christ in His Church as we are called to continual conversion in the midst of our journey of life in loving God and our neighbor.
15th Sunday in Ordinary Time
"Give to the Lord the glory due his name! Bring gifts and come before him;
bow down to the Lord splendid in holiness."
--1 Chronicles 16:29--
Daily Mass Schedule:
7:30 AM Monday -Friday (English)
6:30 PM Tuesdays (Spanish)
Saturday 4:00 PM Vigil (English)
Sunday 9:00 AM (English)
10:30 AM (Spanish)
12:30 PM (Spanish)
5:00 Pm (English)
Would you like to learn more about the elements of the Catholic Mass and come to appreciate the beauty of the Mass through videos? Click here.
To have a priest offer an already scheduled weekday or Sunday Mass (including the Saturday Vigil) in thanksgiving, for the intentions of another person (such as on a birthday) or, as is most common, for the repose of the soul of someone who has died, please call the parish office for availability of dates and times at (860) 522-7128.
If you already have an intention that the priest will offer at Mass, please see the priest or the ushers before that Mass so that you may present the gifts of bread and wine.
As disciples of Christ we are "Growing in Faith, Giving in Love" to be generous toward our brothers and sisters in need that are supported by the Archbishop's Annual Appeal. For more info, click here.
Como disciples de Cristo "Crecemos en Fe, Damos con Amor" en siendo generosos a nuestros hermanos y hermanas en necesitad apoyado por la Campaña Anual del Arzobispo. Para mas información, oprime aquí.
On that day, Jesus went out of the house and sat down by the sea. Such large crowds gathered around him that he got into a boat and sat down, and the whole crowd stood along the shore. And he spoke to them at length in parables, saying:
“A sower went out to sow. And as he sowed, some seed fell on the path, and birds came and ate it up. Some fell on rocky ground, where it had little soil. It sprang up at once because the soil was not deep, and when the sun rose it was scorched, and it withered for lack of roots. Some seed fell among thorns, and the thorns grew up and choked it. But some seed fell on rich soil and produced fruit, a hundred or sixty or thirty fold.
Whoever has ears ought to hear.”
Most Sacred Heart of Jesus, for whom it is impossible
not to have compassion on the afflicted, have pity on us
miserable sinners and grant us the grace which we ask of you, through the Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary,
your tender Mother and ours.
DUE TO THE CORONAVIRUS:
Please know that Archbishop Blair has issued a dispensation from the obligation of attending Mass.
· The decision regarding whether to attend Mass in person is left to the individual.
· Contact the Parish Office or check the Parish’s website for availability of televised and virtual Masses.
· If you or someone in your household is ill, especially with fever or flu-like symptoms or conjunctivitis, please do not enter the church.
If you decide to attend Mass, please be charitable by protecting others and yourself:
· At all times, including entering and exiting the church, practice Social Distancing by staying at least 6 feet from people who do not live in your household.
· You must wear a face mask or cloth face covering.
· Do not shake hands with others.
· Use hand sanitizers.
· Do not congregate to socialize before or after Mass.
AS WE WELCOME YOU BACK AND RESUME PUBLIC LITURGIES TOGETHER, PLEASE TAKE PRECAUTIONS TO STAY SAFE.
DEBIDO AL CORONAVIRUS:
Por favor tenga en cuenta que el Arzobispo Blair ha emitido una dispensa de la obligación de asistir a Misa.
· La decisión sobre si asistir o no a la Misa se deja a la persona.
· Comuníquese con la oficina de la parroquia o visite el sitio web de la parroquia para conocer la disponibilidad Misas televisadas y virtuales.
· Si usted o alguien en su hogar está enfermo, especialmente con fiebre o síntomas parecidos a la gripe o conjuntivitis, por favor no entre a la iglesia.
Si decide asistir a la Misa, por favor tenga la caridad de proteger a los demás y a usted mismo:
· En todo momento, incluso al entrar y al salir de la iglesia, practique el distanciamiento social, manteniéndose al menos a 6 pies de distancia de las personas que no viven en su hogar.
· Debe usar una mascara facial o una cubierta de tela para la cara.
· No le de la mano a los demás.
· Use desinfectante para manos.
· No se congregue para socializar antes o después de la
A MEDIDA QUE LE DAMOS LA BIENVENIDA Y REANUDAMOS LAS LITURGIAS PUBLICAS, POR FAVOR TOME LAS PRECAUCIONES PARA MANTENERSE SANO Y SEGURO.